Thank you for your interest in joining the CHOA Operations and Finance Committee
Position to be filled: CHOA Operations Support (up to two volunteer positions)
Committee Member Duties & Responsibilities:
CHOA’s Operations and Finance Committee reports to the full CHOA Board and consists of CHOA staff, several CHOA Board members, and one or more volunteers.
The Operations and Finance Committee is responsible for overall operation of CHOA’s virtual office, including:
- Providing a central point of contact for CHOA operations
- Receiving incoming queries from members, sponsors, and the public
- Providing accounting entry and reporting working with CHOA’s Treasurer
- Maintaining CHOA’s website
- Providing administrative support to CHOA’s Revenues Committee, Content and Events Committee, main Board of Directors, and other operations
Operations Support Volunteers will be focused on:
- Assisting CHOA staff with general office administration and accounting, including partial coverage when staff are away
- Attending weekly committee meetings to prepare meeting notes and summary action items
- Assisting with set up of meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Assisting with preparation of pre-read packages for CHOA main Board meetings
- Assisting with marketing and social media for CHOA committees
- Reporting on events, for example, costs, revenues, attendees, etc.
- Occasional general research projects
- Other requests and assignment from committee leadership
These volunteer roles will appeal to persons who:
- Wish to contribute to CHOA in a primarily administrative rather than technical role
- Enjoy contact with numerous groups / teams, frequently by written communication
- Can successfully multitask a wide variety of administrative items
- Can contribute up to 6-8 hours per week for the balance of the summer of 2020, reducing thereafter to typically 3-4 hours per week
How to Apply / Contact
If you have the appropriate experience and personality needed for this particular volunteer position please click on the link below and apply.
Your application will be sent to the CHOA office to review. Once applications have been assessed we will contact those who fit the requirements.
CHOA members are welcome to forward this posting to non-members who could be well-suited to this role. If not already members of CHOA, selected volunteers will be provided with a CHOA membership in recognition of their contribution.