Canadian Heavy Oil Association (CHOA) – Website and Social Media Support Volunteers
Volunteer Opportunity: CHOA Website and Social Media Support Team – two part-time volunteers
CHOA is the premier professional association for Canada’s heavy oil and oil sands industry, having approximately 2,000 individual members and a solid base of corporate sponsors.
CHOA’s Operations and Finance Committee is looking for two volunteers to join its Website and Social Media Support Team, which comprises a mix of CHOA staff, volunteers, and Board members.
The Website and Social Media Support Team is responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing CHOA’s website – www.choa.ab.ca
- Maintaining and developing CHOA’s social media presence
- Developing and managing website and social media content
These volunteer roles will appeal to persons who:
- Have a desire to demonstrate their website and/or social media abilities by volunteering part-time for a substantial non-profit professional society
- Offer suitable experience working with WordPress websites, and/or social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Enjoy creating high-quality written and graphical content, frequently for marketing purposes
- Work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- Are able to work flexibly from their own office or home for up to 4-5 hours per week for the balance of 2020, and subsequently typically 2-3 hours per week