Great networking opportunities with industry peers and members of the CHOA.
An outstanding technical program in a variety of formats.
Discounted fees for technical and networking social events, as well as, conferences organized by the CHOA. A significant savings of attending events up to $1,000 per year plus networking benefits and access to exclusive educational resources.
Discounted workshops access.
The opportunity to belong to a heavy oil community and contribute to an organization dedicated to improving knowledge on heavy oil and oil sands issues.
One hour lunch and presentation/project update with Q&A by leading industry experts in one of the following 5 categories;
This event is a late afternoon candid panel discussion and Q&A of a relevant topic (5 categories) followed by networking, appetizers and drink tickets.
CONFERENCES: 2 throughout the year:
- SLUGGING IT OUT: One-day technical event in Calgary that addresses key industry challenges and controversial issues
- FALL CONFERENCE: The premier FALL Heavy Oil conference in Canada
POPULAR SOCIAL NETWORKING EVENTS: The one-stop for fun networking within the Calgary industry – events tailored to host team-building for clients, colleagues, young professionals, students.
Poker Tournament, Stampede Lunch, Golf Tournaments, Whiskey Tasting, and more!
WHO ARE CHOA MEMBERS?
CHOA members rated the top 3 effects that CHOA has made on them personally: Keeping in tune with trends and changes in the heavy oil industry
Building your network of industry/heavy oil peers and growing your knowledge through relevant technical training/programs
CHOA Interesting Facts
- 15% females, 85% males
- 85% are full time working professionals with an average tenure of 10 years in heavy oil
- 26% of our members are Engineers with about 60% involved in subsurface related activities
- About 30% are in sales and about 30% are in senior management roles
- The majority of members are from
- Supplier companies
CHOA memberships are held by individuals only and memberships are non-transferable.