Great networking opportunities with industry peers and members of the CHOA.
An outstanding technical program in a variety of formats.
Free access to CHOA webinars, many of which will be a cost to non-members through 2021.
- If you attend only 1 such webinar every 2 months (a cost of $20 to non-members), that almost pays out your entire membership fee by itself.
- CHOA plans to have several such webinars each month, in a variety of themes, so it should be easy for most members to get value by attending more than the above
Access to recordings of webinars – This is available only to CHOA members
Discounted fees for technical and networking social events, as well as, conferences organized by the CHOA. A significant savings of attending events, plus networking benefits and access to exclusive educational resources.
Access to the CHOA Journals- Members Only
Access to monthly CHOA Project Updates- Members only
Opportunities to volunteer with CHOA as a platform to grow your network and showcase your capabilities.
The opportunity to belong to a heavy oil community and contribute to an organization dedicated to improving knowledge on heavy oil and oil sands issues.
WHO ARE CHOA MEMBERS?
CHOA members rated the top 3 effects that CHOA has made on them personally: Keeping in tune with trends and changes in the heavy oil industry
Building your network of industry/heavy oil peers and growing your knowledge through relevant technical training/programs
CHOA Interesting Facts
- 15% females, 85% males
- 85% are full time working professionals with an average tenure of 10 years in heavy oil
- 26% of our members are Engineers with about 60% involved in subsurface related activities
- About 30% are in sales and about 30% are in senior management roles
- The majority of members are from
- Supplier companies
CHOA memberships are held by individuals only and memberships are non-transferable.